PREP Scholar, Richard Swayer, Presenting at 2014 ABRCMS
Dr. Peter Kennelly
giving a talk on surviving graduate school and becoming a great scientist.
What we strive for
To identify and train the next generation of research leaders and innovators in biomedical and behavioral sciences that are interested in pursuing a Ph.D.
What We Do
Each member of the VT PREP program hold a valuable and desired passion for research in the biomedical and behavioral sciences field. Their passion for understanding allows for the VT PREP program to mold them into great scholars.
About VT PREP
Interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in Biomedical and Behavioral Sciences? Want to be more prepared for GRE's and graduate school? Then look into the Virginia Tech PREP Program. Click the link for more information: Who We Are.
We would like to welcome our new incoming 13th PREP Cohort! Also, congrats to the 12th cohort scholars for continuing their academic careers into graduate school. For more info clink on the link: Current Scholars
News and Events
2015 VT PREP & IMSD Orientation, Aug 19th, 11 -1:30 PM GLC Room F
Pre-Orientation Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) Workshop
August 17th and 20th , 8AM - 12PM
Welcome to the Virginia Tech PREP Website
The VT-PREP is supported by the NIH through the National Institute of General Medical Sciences and the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI).This program is a 12-month mentored research experiential work and educational program. 75% of each scholar's time will be in a mentored research program while the other 25% of the time will be in enrichment programs like VT undergraduate and/or graduate course work. We provide academic seminars off-site and technical workshops to gain additional laboratory skills, Graduate school preparation and survival as well as a GRE preparation program. Eighty percent of our PREP scholars go on to graduate school.